I am a Orange County psychologist specializing in pre-teen, adolescent, adult, couple, and family therapy. I maintain a private practice in South Orange County, CA, and largely service clients who reside in San Clemente, Talega, Dana Point, Capistrano Beach, Laguna Beach, San Juan Capistrano, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo, El Toro, Lake Forest, and Irvine.
I work to build a collaborative therapeutic alliance with the individuals, couples and and families that I feel very lucky to be working with. I have a genuine respect for each person, and I focus on practical support and problem solving. My background in psychology, trauma, and the humanities allows me to work to offer highly personalized, deeply empathetic insights to each person.
In addition to holding a doctorate in Clinical Psychology, I have a Masters in Literature and Writing and have completed doctoral work in Comparative Literature while on a Fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. I have taught at both the undergraduate and graduate level and have presented at academic conferences at various universities, including Princeton and UCLA.
I have been and continue to be an active volunteer force in my community.
Congressional Award as 2002 Human Relations Distinguished Volunteer
- Award for volunteer contributions to the Orange County Human Relations Commission
Orange County Human Relations Commission Award for Volunteer Service, 2002
- Award for contributions to the Hate Crime Division of the Orange County Human Relations Commission
Outstanding Volunteer of Orange County, 2001
- Orange County Human Relations Commission Award, 1998
Community Service Work
Parent Project Facilitator
- Volunteer with Orange County’s Parent Project, 2006-present
San Clemente Therapist Group
- Organize, Facilitate, and Program Chairman, 2007, ongoing
Saddleback Memorial Hospital San Clemente Guild
- Co-Vice-President, Speaker Chair, 2007-2008